How can we restrict comment visibility on comments added via a mail handler?

G May 4, 2016

Hi,

I'm using both JIRA Email this issue plugin and also the 'Comment Security Default' plugin on JIRA. We have it such that comments are defaulted to Internal if a user is in an internal role and when customers add a comment it's customer access. When we reply to a JIRA mail to add a comment the comment has no security associated to it. Can either the comment security plugin or JETI plugin handle this so we can set default comments?

Obviously any scripts to change the comment security later doesn't work as the customers would have already received a notification on a comment JIRA just added from a mail. 

Cheers,

Gaj

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Clark _Redmoon Software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2016

Hi Gaj. I would love to add this to the Comment Security Default plugin but unfortunately there is no way of intercepting email messages before comments are created.  Can get notified after they are created but still can't tell that they were created by an email.  If I can work out a way around this then will definitely add.

G May 4, 2016

Thanks Paul. I thought this might be the case. I guess it's something the mail handler will need to manage. Let's see what JETI developers can say to this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events