How can we create issues from email from ldap users who have not logged in yet (and thus are not in the jira-users group)?

I asked a similar question in March, but have gotten no responses.

Problem: User sends email to "internalsupport@mycompany.com" which should create a JIRA issue so that the appropriate helpdesk people can respond.  Unfortunately, since the user hasn't logged into JIRA yet the issue can't be created, because the user account (which was loaded from Active Directory) does not have permissions to create issues, because it's not in the group "jira-users" which happens when the user first logs in.

I can think of two possible solutions.  There may be more.

1. Have all accounts put into the jira-users group when the accounts are created, not waiting until the user logs in first.
  2. Allow accounts that exist to create issues via email before the accounts are in the jira-users group.

This continues to cause problems for our JIRA installation, and I'd love to get an answer on this.

-Vik

1 answer

0 vote

I'd configure the mail handler to create the issues as a reporter user.

Do you mean enable "Create Users" or set a "Default Reporter" ?  We don't have "Create Users" checked, but we do have a "Default Reporter" specified.

The default reporter should be used when JIRA can't identify the sender as a JIRA user.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

51 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot