How can we create issues from email from ldap users who have not logged in yet (and thus are not in the jira-users group)?

Vik Solem June 29, 2016

I asked a similar question in March, but have gotten no responses.

Problem: User sends email to "internalsupport@mycompany.com" which should create a JIRA issue so that the appropriate helpdesk people can respond.  Unfortunately, since the user hasn't logged into JIRA yet the issue can't be created, because the user account (which was loaded from Active Directory) does not have permissions to create issues, because it's not in the group "jira-users" which happens when the user first logs in.

I can think of two possible solutions.  There may be more.

1. Have all accounts put into the jira-users group when the accounts are created, not waiting until the user logs in first.
  2. Allow accounts that exist to create issues via email before the accounts are in the jira-users group.

This continues to cause problems for our JIRA installation, and I'd love to get an answer on this.

-Vik

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2016

I'd configure the mail handler to create the issues as a reporter user.

Vik Solem July 14, 2016

Do you mean enable "Create Users" or set a "Default Reporter" ?  We don't have "Create Users" checked, but we do have a "Default Reporter" specified.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2016

The default reporter should be used when JIRA can't identify the sender as a JIRA user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events