How can the content of a page in confluence be automatically copied in JIRA description field

Gordana Maric November 16, 2015

When I create a product requirement (from the template in Confluence), and from it create an issue (story) in JIRA, how can I transfer the content of a page into JIRA's description field ?  If there is an add-on, please recommend 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

Totally agree with Mike (you have one free Leffe beer from me). If you have some spare cash, take a look at JIRA Capture too smile

0 votes
Gordana Maric November 18, 2015

thx guys! I am definitely against duplicating; Capture for JIRA and Confluence may be the answer to what I am investigating

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2015

Cheers!

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2015

Gordana,

Do you have your Confluence and JIRA systems set up as trusted applications? Rather than duplicating the text over to JIRA, if you have your systems set up as trusted applications, you could select the short description of your requirement and a little "create JIRA issue" icon will pop up. That'll let you create the issue but, rather than duplicating the data which could then get out of date, it puts a bi-directional link between the two. From the Confluence requirement, you can go directly to the associated JIRA issue. From the JIRA issue you can go directly to the Confluence requirement.

One of my mantras for smoothing out how processes operate is to never, EVER duplicate data. EVER. That is a sure way for problems to creep in when one copy gets out of sync with another.

mike

Suggest an answer