How can i park or change status of the project to Hold Using Jire Core?

Rammohan Regulapati October 18, 2017

After creating a project along with issues using JIRA Core functionality. I came to know project is on hold. Is there a way I can change the status of the project to Hold or Park it?

If that is the case, what parameters I have to configure as administrator?

2 answers

0 votes
Rammohan Regulapati October 20, 2017

I have figured out on how to configure Category values. Below are the steps:

1. Click on Admin icon and select projects.
  2. Click on Project Categories. You will be prompted to validate your administration access to JIRA. Enter your credentials.
  3. At the bottom of the screen, you will find an option to add a category. Details you have to give are Name of the Category and Description.
  4. Then associate a permission scheme with a project

You must be a project administrator to associate a permissions scheme with that project.

Go to JIRA Administrator > Projects and click on the relevant project.

Within your project, click  > Permissions.

Click the Actions menu and select Use a different scheme.

Select the permission scheme you want to use and click Associate.

For more details, please see the original documentation in Atlassian website:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-project-permission-schemes-868982875.html

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2017

Projects don't have a status, so no.

You could change its category to show an on-hold indicator and change the permission scheme to one that prevents people using it.

Rammohan Regulapati October 18, 2017

Thank you for the response.

I am unable to figure out on how to configure Category values in JIRA Core Business project. Can you pleas provide steps?

Suggest an answer