How can i enforce a custom field based upon component?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2016

I have created a custom field (Assessment Level) that is intended to capture the 'assessment' of how we did on an issue (objective). I have selected the field to apply to a certain project's "resolve issue screen". In this way when the issue is resolved the user will have to assess how they did on that objective. However, i don't want this to be required for every issue that gets resolved but rather only those issues associated w/ a specific Component w/in that project. Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2016

It would require 2 resolve transitions, 1 checks the component and if it is the one you're interested in you would mark the field as required in the transition. The second transition would check to make sure it isn't the one and not require the field. Only one will appear to the user.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2016

@Joe Pitt, thanks for the answer. I actually decided to solve in a different manner. I decided to simply create a new issue type "MBO". This simplifies my goal and has some added benefits to boot. Thanks again for your suggestion. I may try this out in the future.

Suggest an answer