How can i add a custom field to the quick view

Florian Lindenau May 2, 2016

I have set up a few custom fields and some of them i eant to view in the quick view.

How can i do that?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florian Lindenau May 2, 2016

This is not exactly what i was looking for.

I want to add my custom field under the "Description" field.
It is important that the JIRA user can edit the field like he can with "Description" etc.

If i add the field like you said, its just appear in the  "Details" tab and is not editable.

Do you know how i can add the custom field to the "Issue Detail View" so that the user can edit it directly?

Deleted user May 2, 2016

Sorry, there is no way to make a field 'editable' in the issue detail view. JIRA allows some of the system fields to be edited but you have no control over custom fields in that display. Many folks ask the same question. You can only edit them in the edit screen or the main issue screen.

8 votes
Deleted user May 2, 2016

If you mean the details that appear on the right when you click on an issue on the board, then that is controlled in the configure board. Go to your board then select Configure. look for the 'Issue Detail View' option on the left hand list. If the custom fields are scoped in the project, you should be able to add them.

See here for more info;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring-a-board/configuring-the-issue-detail-view

Yefim Bezman February 6, 2017

Perfect 

Suggest an answer