How can flagging be restricted, to allow only for project admins?

Michael Aglas May 22, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Flagging an issue

Ok, my questions seemed to be not very adequate. So some more words for it. On an Agile board it is possible to add a flag to an issue. The desired behaviour would be, to allow this (un)flagging only for project admins, while other behaviour of the issue remains in same manner for all users.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2016

I'm afraid there's no way to do this. 

With other fields you can remove them from edit screens and put them on looped transition screens, with conditions that limit them to certain users.  But the flagged field is handled by the Software (agile) menus, which let all users who can edit issues set and unset the flag.

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2016

A lot of information missing that could alter the answer, but in short by applying issue security schemes that has 2 settings. Either all users have access as usual('user') or a more restricted that only allows admins and watchers to see issues('restricted'). Hope i am on the right track here, but seeing my answer is 3 times longer than your question, i think i did pretty good.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events