How can anonymous user create Jira issue via mail?

Prashant Mali December 18, 2016

Anonymous means AD user who is not JIRA user. Is there any way to resolve this issue.

2 answers

Prashant Mali December 19, 2016

Handy tips with mail handlers

To allow JIRA to handle email messages sent from people without a JIRA user account:

1. Create an 'anonymous'/'dummy' mail account on your mail server/service (above).
  2. Create an equivalent 'anonymous'/'dummy' JIRA user account, whose Email field matches the mail account you created in the previous step.
  3. When configuring your mail handler(s) (above) to handle messages from this mail account, set the Default Reporter to this 'anonymous'/'dummy' JIRA user account.

I followed this steps, but still getting problem.I am trying to send mail from a user account who is not present in JIRA user list. but I wanted to create JIRA issue from that user mail ID who is not present in JIRA User list.I already change the permission to any user to create an issue.

but, still I am getting error.

Is it possible to do without using any custom mail handler or without using any third party plugin

MK December 19, 2016

setting a "Default Reporter" in the mailhander didnt work too?

Prashant Mali December 19, 2016

I will explain you in short what I did,

1) One gmail server : abc@gmail.com

2) One JIRA account with same mail ID

3) I configure it for one user and set default reporter : abc@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after that

I send a mail from pqr@gmail.com(Non JIRA User) to abc@gmail.com

error:

JIRA issue not created

pqr@gmail.com don't have permission to create issue

MK December 19, 2016

can you pleas check if the user you want to report a issue with, isnt already in the system?

if a jira-user with the same mail is already in the system, JIRA trys to open a ticket with him and gets denied as the user doesnt has permissions for the project.

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2016

Try to tune permission scheme, hamely create issue permission.

Prashant Mali December 18, 2016

You mean only permission scheme is require.I dont think so.because JIRA doesn't give any functionality for creation of tickets by non-JIRA user via mail

Suggest an answer