How can Jira send notification emails for admin tasks?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

I would like JIRA to send an email to specified users when:

• a version is added
  • A version is released
  • A component is added/updated/removed
  • Project role changes are made

Is there a way to do this without knowledge of java/coding?

1 answer

0 votes
Joel Chuah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

I am not sure but dont think so. Notifications in JIRA revolves around changes to values in issues not to their metadata.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2015

I found an answer that said 'create a listener' - sounded good, except you need to be a Java coder.

Joel Chuah
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2015

Yeah, another way is to inspect the audit logs. I believe this is also accessible via a Rest endpoint. But you will have to poll it though. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/auditing-in-jira-427623767.html#AuditinginJIRA-AuditingandtheRESTAPI

Suggest an answer