How can I withdraw a ticket I opened by mistake?

Mauro Marchioro July 31, 2016

I created by mistake few tickets under the wrong environment, and I must withdraw them.

How should I proceed?

Thanks a lot

Mauro

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

Ask your administrators, as there's several optons they might be able to help you with:

• You might not have delete - a lot of JIRA admins don't allow it as you always end up with someone using it inappropriately.  They might grant it for you, or
  • Most admins will have created a route through the workflow that allows you to close an issue and indicate it was an error
  • You say it's created with the "wrong environment" - that implies you simply need to edit it to correct the environment, or move it to another project
2 votes
Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2016

Hi @Mauro Marchioro

select that particular ticket which you want to withdraw and select   More >> Delete. 

Mauro Marchioro August 1, 2016

Dear Mude, thanks a lot for the fast answer... I have no "Edit" option anywhere.

Where should it be?jira1.JPG

Yogesh Mude[Jira]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

sorry.

i mean say is, you have to edit that ticket and select more tab there you can find delete tab.

One more thing is, You can find that delete tab if you have Administrator Permission.smile

Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2016

Might be that the administrator hasn't given you delete permissions. In that case you have to ask your JIRA admin to delete the issue.

0 votes
Santak August 2, 2016

Two options If you do not have delete permissions, you can close the ticket by providing a resolution like "not required" or something similar which is configured in your instance or you can move them to the right environment\project where you intended to have these.

Thanks

Santak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events