How can I specify underscores in JIRA labels?

Sandor Krisztian Andre March 13, 2017

JIRA replaces underscores with a space when creating a label("test_label" -> "test label")l? How can I create labels with underscores in them?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sandor Krisztian Andre May 1, 2017

Turnes out JIRA will accept labels with underscores but it is sometimes diplayed as a space depending on the browser used. It isn't possible to create labels with spaces in them.

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2017

Hi, try this:

1. Write the label with underscores, don't press enter
  2. select the option below at the autcomplete ( "LABEL" New Label )

worked for me, hope it helps

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 09.27.31.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 09.27.38.png

Sandor Krisztian Andre March 14, 2017

Hmm, I did that and the underscore is still replaced with a space. I'm on v6.4.13 btw.

Alok Singh March 14, 2017

Gaston's suggestion will work on jira6 as well. Though this will appear that it is not having underscore 

image2017-3-14 21:45:3.png

But the moment you click on update it will appear as

image2017-3-14 21:46:27.png

Sandor Krisztian Andre March 14, 2017

Hi Alok,

you're right. When the field is written the underscores show up. Now my problem is I cant create labels with spaces in them since the underscores always show up.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2017

Being able to get underscores into a label seems like a bug in what JIRA expects. So I wouldn't do it

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events