Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I solve this error : "Unknown function: 'JIRA'. "

Google Sheets Jira adds-on started to give errors today, with the error code "Unknown function: 'JIRA'." Normally, it was working properly but today it gave this error and is fixed after an hour. Right now, it gives the same error, could you help me to find a solution for this ?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua Community Leader Oct 15, 2019

@Ali Basar Demir 

I see that you are a Cloud User, it could be that Atlassian was performing some tests or making changes. Or it could be a glitch happened in Jira.

You mentioned that it resolved by itself but started again. If by tomorrow it is not fixed I can share the link with you so that you can open a support ticket with Atlassian.

Best,

Fadoua

@Fadoua 

It is fixed today, thank you so much for your support :)

Best,

Ali

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua Community Leader Oct 16, 2019

@Ali Basar Demir Thank you for accepting my answer! Glad it is working fine today.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if it starts acting up again 🙂

Best,

Fadoua

This is a recurring problem.

In my case, it happens sometimes when I make a copy of a spreadsheet that uses JIRA plugin.

When I make a copy and then activate the plugin for the new copy, sometimes it doesn't recognise the JIRA function. 

I've tried to refresh, rewrite the function in the cell, closing and reopening the spreadsheet and nothing works. I had to delete the spreadsheet, make a new copy and pray so the new copy doesn't have the same problem, because it only happens sometimes.

Best, 

Alberto.

@Alberto García Ramos

Are you a Cloud or Server User? 

If server what do you see or your Jira Admin sees on the Application log? Can you please copy and paste the line with the error after hiding any confidential information?

Best,

Fadoua

Getting same problem as reported by Alberto here. I'm using the Cloud version. I tried to refresh many time and it does not work.

Unknown function JIRA.png

I checked on the console, and there is a recurrent warning. More lines appear when clicking in enter button when the cursor is in that cell.

empty string unknown function JIRA.png

I created a new Excel file from a previous one and this time I activated first the JIRA function (before modify anything) and everything works smoothly. In the previous one, firstly I modified the file and then activated the JIRA function, and even clearing the cell and writing it back it didn't work anymore. @Fadoua I hope it would help to solve the problem.

Hi @Fadoua, sorry for the delay.

I'm working with the cloud version. 

Thank you!

@Carmen Rosa Ussi  Did you check the google sheets add-on page to see if there are any known issues?

I promise to spend some time either today or tomorrow to get more information about your issue guys.

Same goes with you @Alberto García Ramos

I will get back to both of you.

Best,

Fadoua

Like Carmen Rosa Ussi likes this

Hello. I'm having the same issue, but I am just now starting to learn how to use JQL in my Google Sheet. Everything is hooked up, but the =JIRA command isn't working. I used the "Refresh Data" and it detected it, but Google Sheets still rejects it.

Will keep trying.

Remember to enable JIRA function.

enabled.PNG

You must be the document owner to enable the =JIRA function.

Having edit permission does not work.

Thanks for your answers, I have to copy the sheet and become the owner to get this working.

@Alberto García Ramos @Carmen Rosa Ussi  I'm seeing the same issue when copying a Sheet (Jira Cloud). Have you found a workaround? I do not see the error when creating a "new" Sheet and using Jira function(). I get the error only when I copy a Sheet, clear function, enable function, then re-add function..still get error.

Hi @Phil_Parker , 

Yes, the workaround is just deleting your copy, making another copy of the spreadsheet and hoping it doesn't fail. The error usually doesn't show up if you don't modify the name of the copy of the spreadsheet until you have refreshed the Jira() function.

Since I posted the comment about the problem, there has been an update in the plugin, but the issue is still happening.

I hope this helps.

Like Max Makhrov likes this

This helped in my case:

1. delete all JIRA functions from the current file. Deleted "=" at the beginning of the formulas
  2. File > Make a Copy
  3. Go to Jira Addon and > Get issues from Jira > Import type = Jira()
  4. Enable Jira function via add-on
  5. Restore my Jira() function in the sheet, from step 1.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,873 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you