How can I set a subscription that will email all issues listed to watchers of the issues?

Steve Hamilton July 29, 2016

Problem: I have an Action Date field on my issues in Jira.  When the action date is 90 days away, I want an email to go out to the watchers of the issue letting them know that they need to take action.  

In order to address this problem, I created a subscription for issues where the Action Date is in 90 days.  When an issue is picked up in the filter for this subscription, I want to email the watchers of that issue so they know that they have something that needs to be done for the issue, but I don't see a way to set the watchers as the receivers for the subscription.  I would even be okay if there was a way to email the entire list of issues picked up by the filter when the subscription runs to every watcher of these issues.  Is this possible or is there another way to go about what I am trying to do?  

1 answer

0 votes
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2016

I did this with JIRA Automation plugin. You can build automation rule picking issues based on JQL or filter and then do some action. If your action is to add comment to issue then JIRA will automatically notify your watchers + assignee + reporter. Automation scheduling supports cron like configuration string.

Steve Hamilton July 29, 2016

I don't think that plugin is available for Cloud

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events