How can I set a diferent priority for each issue?

Eduardo Valente March 16, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

If I understand the intent correctly, you don't want different priorities really, you actually want to rank issues - put them in a specific priority order.  Is that rihgt?

(Priority only has a handful of options, and although you can have many, adding a new one for every new issue is not practical)

Eduardo Valente March 16, 2016

Thanks Nic. I agree with you that is not pratical if I have a lot of issues. Now if I have just a a couple of issues by project is it possible to define a priority by default for each issue in each project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2016

You'd need a bit of code to do that.  Just a post-function that can work out what to set and apply it.

Off the shelf though, you can do it if your issues are of different types.  You could have a "bug" workflow for bugs that has a post-function on "create" that could set the priority to "high".  Then a different workflow for "feature" that sets the priority "low" on create.  And so-on.

Suggest an answer