How can I send emails in JIRA Cloud plugin?

Joel Brito August 10, 2016

Hi,

The JIRA Cloud plugin i'm working on needs to send emails through JIRA mail system, but i can't find any info/documentation about it.

It's possible to do it?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Joel Brito

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
joachimbollen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2016

I think you'll need to use your own mailserver to send mails from your cloud plugin. As far as I know, it's not possible to use the application's mail server. 

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2016

This is the correct answer. And it is highly unlikely that we (the Atlassian Connect) team will allow this in the future. My own add-on (My Reminders) uses Mailgun to send emails to great success. They have an excellent free plan. I can also recommend Amazon SES.

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2016

Hi,

I think that JIRA should provide a service to send emails. Otherwise, customers need to configure mail more than once and this can be annoying for them.

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2016

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events