How can I restrict selectable teams per project?

I need to make only a subset of all configured teams available dependent on JIRA projects. For example:

Issues of Project A have Team 1 and Team 2 available in the Team dropdown.
Issues of Project B have Team 2 and Team 3 available in the Team dropdown.

How can i achieve this?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Thomas,

You need to manage Tempo Team permissions, add a previously created JIRA Group
see https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/CORE020/Manage+Teams

Hi Aleks,

thanks for your quick reply. I forgot to mention that the same groups are working in both Project A and Project B. As I understand, when a group has no permission to browse Team 1 then this group cannot select Team 1 in any JIRA project. But I need to allow one group to be able to select Team 1 in Project A but not in Project B.

I think this would be possible if I could grant browse team permission to a role (because roles are dependent on the JIRA project). But I haven't found a way to grant this way with tempo teams.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 16 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

42 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you