How can I reset Jira back to default, post install, configuration?

Dave Ferguson October 12, 2015

I am evaluating JIRA and would like to reset it back to its post install state.  That being, remove all tickets, users, projects, any custom config.  Basically how it would be right after install and before logging in the first time.  

I am using the build in hql db.  I think I can just delete the application-data directory content but not sure.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2015

I usually just spin up a new one starting from an empty database and empty home directory.  The installers nowadays actually make that easier than trying to work out the handful of files you need to preserve if you want to keep the minimal configs to have it run and re-initalise itself.

Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2015

One tip. Generate an XML Backup as soon as you have finished the setup. This will make easier to restore it to an initial stage if you want in the future.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2015

I'd +1 that if I could. I do tend to do that as well. But I've a dreadful memory, and the few times I actually need the backups, I forget to take them. Another related option is to create another very temporary empty install, back that up and restore it into your target and delete all the attachments in the target - does the job except for the licencing.

Dave Ferguson October 13, 2015

Thanks for the info. I ended up just deleting the h2db.mv.db in the databases directory. After stopping then starting Jira it is now back to default. I also created a backup this time so I can easily reset it again. I did have to get new trial licenses for everything but no big deal. Also, doing this maintained the plugins I had so that was a nice bonus.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events