How can I remove issues from a prod jira backup for import into a dev instance?

Guy Matz April 22, 2016

I would like to take a backup of my prod server and import it into a dev instance, but I don't want the issues.  I only need the workflows, custom fields, etc.  I've been able to take the xml files from the backup and remove the issues using XML tools, - e.g. XPath, etc - but that didn't remove enough.  I think I need to know more about the schema or in order to get everything out that I want out.  Any advice?

2 answers

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016
Guy Matz April 22, 2016

Oops!  Should have mentioned: I need this functionality for the cloud version!

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2016

The safest way is to import the xml and then delete the issues manually. If you don't want any of the projects I believe deleting the project will delete all the issues in it.

Guy Matz April 22, 2016

I need to avoid that intermediate step of restoring, because the restore 'taint working with the size of my backup!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events