How can I read the value of KCF+ with live fields ?

Sadek Joma'a October 27, 2015

Hi,

I want to use live fields with Kepler Custom Fields Pro. I am using it as a Single Autocomplete. 

I have managed to watch my KCF+ field like this:

lfWatch("customfield_10700", {"issueType", "customfield_10700"}, "C:/jira/jira_home/silprograms/live_fields/hide_summary.sil", {"change"});

Obviously, my field is customfield_10700. The script dose call hide_summary.sil succesfully.

But my problem is that in hide_summary.sil, I can not read the value that has just been entered in the field. I have tried to use : argv["customfield_10700"] , but it was empty.

The value entered is read successfully in the post function but I need it in Live fields because I need to change the form based on the value entered. 

Any help is appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Raluca Panait
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2015

Hi,

As I suggested here, try to add the custom field first in the related fields list.
For example, you can use the code below for main script:

lfWatch("customfield_10700",{"customfield_10700", "issueType"}, "C:/jira/jira_home/silprograms/live_fields/hide_summary.sil",{"change"});

Best regards,

Raluca

Sadek Joma'a November 6, 2015

Thanks. That did work.

0 votes
eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Hi Sadek,

Try not to specify the events on lfwatch like below.

lfWatch("customfield_10700", {"issueType""customfield_10700"}, "C:/jira/jira_home/silprograms/live_fields/hide_summary.sil");

Sadek Joma'a November 6, 2015

Thank you Eric for your response. But I have tried your suggestion and it did not work. I have tried many other ways and they did not work. The only one that did work was Raluca's suggestion above.

Suggest an answer