How can I query just the issues that have Story Bugs under them?

Tom Shaw April 5, 2016

Basically, I am calculating the "First Time Right" metric and want to compare the number of issues completed with/without Story Bugs associated with them. 

"Story Bugs" are unique Sub Tasks that we create when a defect is discovered during development, these are created under the following issue types (User Story, Technical Debt, Work, and Bugs) 

5 answers

0 votes
Sonali Patro October 9, 2017

I have the same question as Muhammad.

Need a JQL query and any available widget for "Linked defects to a story in a current sprint"

0 votes
Muhammad Ali Khamis (151949) September 21, 2017

I am having the same problem. Let me explain:

We create sub-tasks for bug reporting in each user story. For example, if there is one user story which has 5 bugs then we create 5 sub-tasks in the user story to report bugs.

How can I write JQL for above and is there any available widget that can show "Bugs count per story in a Current sprint"

Sonali Patro October 9, 2017

I have the same question as Muhammad... 

Need a JQL query and any available widget for "Linked defects to a story in a current sprint"

0 votes
Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

By "Story Bugs", do you mean defects that are linked to a user story? This is where the Craftware Search Linked Issues for JIRA comes in handy. Let's assume that you have a set of user stories with a common element, say, fixVersion = 3.3. Your search would be: 

issuetype = Defect AND issue in linkedIssuesFromQuery("fixVersion = 3.3 AND issuetype = 'User Story'")
0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2016

I'll assume your Bugs issues are linked to you Stories with Issue Links. You would need some advanced JQL functions available from the ScriptRunner plugin.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_linkedissuesof

The query would look like this:

type = Story AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("type = Bug")

You can also specify a link type, Blocks/Blocked by for instance

It's not a free plugin, but it's well worth the investment. 

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2016

In your project, how does a JIRA issue qualify as having a "Bugs" on it? Does it have a "sub" task of a bug? Does it have a linked issue of a "bug"? The latter can be queried in JQL.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2016

The native linkedissues() function requires specifying an issue key. You need SR's linkedIssuesOf() function to be able to get all linked issues of all stories.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2016

oh yeah. I've been using that for several JIRA instances I have I forgot that it's by JIRA SR, not native.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events