How can I make sure it is no longer possible to log work on a closed issue in Tempo timesheet?

Ketenstandaard November 28, 2016

When I close an issue in JIRA Core I can stil log work through Tempo Timesheets. 

I've added an value on the properties of the workflow so the Log-work button is no longer visible in the Issuescreen, that works but I can still log hours through the Tempo-timesheet function. What am I doing wrong?

In the settings i've checked the function below:

With Regards, Arnaud

1 answer

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

You could set permission to log for issue assignee and clear assignee when issue is closed. This will prevent logging on closed issues.

Ketenstandaard November 29, 2016

Hi Vasilly,

Thanks for your quick answer. Can you tell me where I can arrange that setting?

Although we have multiple users who log work on the same issue, so your suggestion will not work totally, but maybe I can add an other condition. But then I need to know where I can do that. 

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

Maybe you could help setting "Allow logging for uneditable issues" (admin panel/Tempo/General configuration)

Sandra Axelsdottir [Tempo] November 29, 2016

Hi Vasiliy.

You can add a JIRA property in your closed status of your workflow that makes the Issue not editable when it's closed - The property is "jira.issue.editable" - See JIRA documentation here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/workflow-properties-802592825.html

When using this, you need to make sure that the Tempo Configuration setting mentioned above is not checked. That is, do not allow logging work for uneditable issues.

I´m pretty sure this should solve your issue.

Regards,

Sandra

William MacLeod August 19, 2017

Hello,

Can you let me know if this is essentially a work around or the intended design to obtain this functionality? I am thinking there would be some attribute that can be changed to simply prohibit someone from logging time against a closed issue. Honestly, I would think this would be the default setting already. Any thoughts?

Sandra Björg Axelsdóttir August 21, 2017

Hi

We don't look at this as a workaround. This is they way it's configured in JIRA. This is also the way it's done when only using JIRA worklog function, and it's there by default in the JIRA system read-only workflow.

Regards,
Sandra

Suggest an answer