How can I have Epic Link on non Epic issue types only?

Amy Hutchins November 16, 2016

Every time I add the Epic Link field to the create screen, the validation fails if I'm creating an Epic.  I'd like for it to be only on non-Epic issue types and not required.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2016

Check the field configuration scheme - you want to have the field optional on the Epic field config, and mandatory on the other issue types (I'm guessing that's what your validation is?)

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2016

You'll have to modify the screens and the screen scheme for the Epic issue type. 

For example, you can make a copy of the screen(s) that you currently are using for your "Epic" issue type and then remove the "Epic Link" field. after this, create a new screen scheme that makes use of those new screen(s). Inside of the issue type screen scheme, associate the "Epic" issue type with that new screen scheme. 

Suggest an answer