How can I get all custom fields that belong to a certain JIRA Service Desk request type?

Wesley Falcao June 27, 2016

Here's how I can get all custom fields for an issue -

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
List<CustomField> allCustomFields = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects();

for(CustomField f : allCustomFields) {
            Object value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(f);
            // more code    
        }

EDIT  June 27 2016 5 PM EST :

How can I do the same for a service desk request type - https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/creating-service-desk-request-types-732528762.html

How can I do the same for a workflow?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

Fields don't belong to workflows, they belong to issues.

Some workflows might refer to fields in functions or screens - is that what you mean?  You'll need to read the workflow xml for those.

Wesley Falcao June 27, 2016

Hmmm. You're right. I confused myself between "workflows" and "request types" in JIRA Service Desk.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2016

Ah, I see.  Then it's sort of a yes, but with an extra layer.  Request types map on to JIRA issue types, so if you can work out that mapping, you can use the same method to get the fields  (I've not tried it, so I'm not sure how to get there)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events