Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I exclude the weekends to tag an issue for SLA

Sujata January 18, 2021

I have a scenario wherein I need to check if an issue is beyond the SLA, I need to exclude saturday and sunday based on the creation date. For example, if the priority of an issue is Critical, we need to resolve this within 1 day. If it has passed one day and the issue is still open then we tag them. 

Currently, I have this query...created <= endOfDay(-2d) AND priority = Critical. This works great but it doesnt take into account the weekends. So if the defect was created on a friday it starts tagging on a saturday if it is still open but I want it to tag on Monday by excluding saturday and sunday. 

Is there anyway I can do this in addition to my below query? 

created <= endOfDay(-2d) AND priority = Critical 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Sujata 

That's why we have calendars where you can define your working days, hours and holidays for your SLA goals.

Take a look at this page.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Sujata January 19, 2021

Thank you Ravi!

0 votes
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Sujata ,

If you're using a Software project or Business project, you can try Time to SLA.

You can define a calendar that excludes weekends and TTS clock will pause during weekends. 

You can also define a TTS notifier to fire an event that can be processed by third party plugins so that you can tag your issues.

Time to SLA works with Jira Software , Core and Service Management.

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 22.43.07.png

sla-panel-sleep.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-18 at 22.50.35.png

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Gökçe

Please note that I'm one of the members of the Snapbytes team.

Sujata January 18, 2021

Thank you Gokce! So there is no way to check this with the JQL query? We dont have any plugins, thought we could do this via JQL query. I am surprised simple functionality like this is a plugin.

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 18, 2021

If you're using JSM, you can just configure a calendar for your SLA that excludes weekends. That is the most sensible way to manage this requirement imo. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/create-and-edit-sla-calendars-976770869.html

If you're using or want to use Software or Core, I suggest TTS. 

Cheers,

Gökçe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events