How can I enable Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA?

michael.snyder September 26, 2017

My JIRA instance version 7.3.1 has a trial version of "ScriptRunner for JIRA" plugin that expired 9/23/17.  On 9/26/17 I clicked Update.  Today my vendor partner Appfire attempted to add a new 30-day trial version, but it won't enable.  There is an error message that says check the logs.  Appfire informed me the plugin is disabled in the production instance and the version of V5.1.6, the plugin has installed on 26/09/17 in production instance. In the stage instance the plugin version is V5.0.4.  I have limited technical skills to fix this and am reaching out for help as my team has been unable to use JIRA for a day and anxiety is rising quickly.  If only I had no click update!  (In progress is the request to buy the add-on to move off the trail version, but paperwork and redtape is mucking up the effort.)  Thanks, Mike

2 answers

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

You can always try removing the add-on and re-installing it.  Although I am not entirely sure of the impact.  My assumption is that and data you have would remain in the DB.  Depending on what you have verify with Adaptavist at the link Nic shared above.

michael.snyder October 2, 2017

We ended up having to revert back to the previous version in order to enable it.  the new version was no compatible with my current version of JIRA.  Thank you for the reply.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

It's my bedtime, so I can't follow this up urgently, but I would:

michael.snyder October 2, 2017

Thank you for the reply.  We had to revert back to the old version of this plugin in order to enable it.

Suggest an answer