How can I create this workflow?

James Watson April 28, 2016

Hi there,

I have 3 Scrum project boards. 

We an issue reaches done, on each board, I want the tickets to appear on a forth board called Deployment.

On the Deployment Board, I need 2 columns, Staging and Production.

I cannot seem to workout how to set this up, can someone please advise..

Many Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2016

Your fourth board simply needs to filter for the issues you want in it.  Change the board filter to find your issues.

James Watson April 28, 2016

Thanks Nic,

Sorry, maybe I should have explained more...

I have done that, I created the filters to show the issues that I need. However when I move them across my Deployment board it impacts the boards and points from where they originally came from. I need the points and the old board to remain the same.

I am also having difficulty working out which statuses to have on my Deployment board, as with my current set up the issues disappear when they are put into my Staging column. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2016

Of course it's going to affect them - the issues the boards are looking at are being changed.  Remember that the boards are a view of core data, they're just showing you what you are doing to the issues in other boards.

One thing that would probably help you here - only use scrum boards for the scrums.  Your deployment board should be a Kanban, then it won't mess with sprint data.

Suggest an answer