How can I create this workflow?

Hi there,

I have 3 Scrum project boards. 

We an issue reaches done, on each board, I want the tickets to appear on a forth board called Deployment.

On the Deployment Board, I need 2 columns, Staging and Production.

I cannot seem to workout how to set this up, can someone please advise..

Many Thanks

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Your fourth board simply needs to filter for the issues you want in it.  Change the board filter to find your issues.

Thanks Nic,

Sorry, maybe I should have explained more...

I have done that, I created the filters to show the issues that I need. However when I move them across my Deployment board it impacts the boards and points from where they originally came from. I need the points and the old board to remain the same.

I am also having difficulty working out which statuses to have on my Deployment board, as with my current set up the issues disappear when they are put into my Staging column. 

Of course it's going to affect them - the issues the boards are looking at are being changed.  Remember that the boards are a view of core data, they're just showing you what you are doing to the issues in other boards.

One thing that would probably help you here - only use scrum boards for the scrums.  Your deployment board should be a Kanban, then it won't mess with sprint data.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

197 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you