How can I create and edit template google sheets from jira?

Ayelet Blass January 3, 2021

I'd like to be able to create and edit google sheets from jira automatically (i.e on creation of a subtask/issue)

These google sheets will not contain any jira fields - they will contain other data.

I'd also like to display the link of said sheet in the jira issue.

How can I do this? 

2 answers

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2021

Hi @Ayelet Blass 

It may be possible to create a sheet using existing apps on the marketplace but I am quite sure you can also do that using Google APIs. Take a look at this page, now you will have to write a script whether within Jira using an app like ScriptRunner or outside Jira and trigger this sheet creation using a webhook. These are some possibilities, I hope it helps.

Ravi

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

Hi! 

do you mean gsheet as iframe in Jira ticket?

You can try that one

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216787/google-drive-docs-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

I don't see how one can create a spreadsheet automatically using this addon - it seems like the spreadsheet needs to be already created.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2021

Yes. 

So you main idea, is create from ticket a new spreadsheet, is that right?

I'd like to copy a spreadsheet and possibly edit it.
I'd also like to get the link to said spreadsheet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events