Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I create a report or dashboard from a Business Project?

I have a project I am doing with external resources and for our weekly progress meetings, I would like to quickly export or print a status page of the project board and each item. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Penney,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It will depend on what kind of information you would like to display, but I think that a good option to have list issues, currently statuses and other kinds of reports would be by using Dashboard Gadgets.

Most of the Gadgets available in a dashboard are configured based on a JQL filter, so you can define the gadget to be applicable to your business project by configuring that filter.

These would be steps to configure a dashboard with only your Project Gadgets:

1 - Navigate to your Issue navigator > Create a Query to return the issues from your business project > Save it as a filter:

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 19.39.31.png

2 - Create a new dashboard or simply navigate to an Existing One

3 - In your dashboard, Click to Add Gadget > Choose what kind of Gadget you would like to use and add it to your Dashboard. Tip: The Filter Results gadget is a good way to display the details of your issues in a list.

4 - In the Gadget Settings, configure it to be applicable to the filter you created

P.S: You can also use the Option View as a Wallboard, which will display the gadget's information in a slide presentation.

For more information, you can check the documentation below:

Configuring dashboards

Using dashboard gadgets

Let me know if this information helps. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,894 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you