How can I create a board for business projects?

Marcela Schwindt February 27, 2019

I create a new business project in JIRA Cloud but i can´t see my issues in the board and i cant customize like Development projects

2 answers

7 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

You cannot create a board directly for a Business type project. But JIRA allows you to create a Kanban Board externally outside the project and set it up using a JQL of issues in this project.

You can add a Project shortcut link in Project Slidebar of the new Kanban Board so you can use it.  If you are planning on using boards software projects is really what you should use for full functionality.

Shawn Smith March 13, 2019

Doesn't this all sound like a workaround?  Why not allow customers to create their own Kanban board and associate it to the Business project, I see so many advantages of doing this, if someone wants to keep the simple view, let them.  But if someone wants the business workflow but a more complete and complicated kanban board, let them as well, and have them link it to the project.  And now Atlassian is no longer allowing you to create a Buiness project type and then change it to a Software project type.  You have to create a Software project type now so you can integrate a kanban board into the project  So you then have to go and create a new workflow.  It just doesn't make logical sense to me why they are doing this.

Like # people like this
Jorge Antonetti August 17, 2020

Agreed. Especially if some business project types are just quick view lists.

The no brainer move here is to add Kanban board creation capability INSIDE of business projects. Making a board outside and linking it to the project are two unnecessary steps. 

HELP US HELP YOU ATLASSIAN

Like # people like this
Stephanie Parr May 23, 2021

Still nothing?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Katherine Hunter May 23, 2021

You can create a Kanban Board using JIRA, but it depends on what kind of projects you have in mind. Maybe I would give you a few more options if you would tell us a little more about your project. I have a travel business and we were very well helped by hotel software development which perfectly suited our needs. Now it can be very individual for each business, so you need to know the exact area and your requests. Now there are a huge number of services like Kanban Board, so you can find something that will suit you best. I will be happy to help you if you tell us a little more.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events