How can I change the titles of the More and Assign buttons in the Issue screen?

I have tried to do this with InProduct Translation, but screen buttons are not modifiable through the add-on.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You will have to hack the code (vm/soy files) in the JIRA Installation to change the "More" and "Assign" buttons (if you are talking about the system menu buttons).

Note: You can hide the native "Assign" button if you wish https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+remove+the+'Assign'+button+from+issues

Hi Assia,

Can you explain more about what you are trying to achieve here? It is correct that these buttons are not translatable through the InProduct Translation plugin but there may be another way to deal with the Assign option by moving it to a workflow action where you can give it any name you like. 

Unfortunately I do not know of a similar trick for the More button.

Phill

I accomplished this both by commenting out buttons in system-issueoperations-plugin.xml  and by changing the default text in JiraWebActionSupport.properties 

Thanks, all!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked yesterday in Data Center

Hi! I'm Cameron Deatsch, enterprise enthusiast and Head of Server at Atlassian. AMA!

Hey team! I'm Cameron Deatsch, Head of Server at Atlassian. At our European Summit just a few weeks ago, I spoke about the latest regarding our Server and Data center products and o...

19,260 views 4 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you