How can I change the titles of the More and Assign buttons in the Issue screen?

Assia Alexandrova December 20, 2015

I have tried to do this with InProduct Translation, but screen buttons are not modifiable through the add-on.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

You will have to hack the code (vm/soy files) in the JIRA Installation to change the "More" and "Assign" buttons (if you are talking about the system menu buttons).

Note: You can hide the native "Assign" button if you wish https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+remove+the+'Assign'+button+from+issues

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2015

Hi Assia,

Can you explain more about what you are trying to achieve here? It is correct that these buttons are not translatable through the InProduct Translation plugin but there may be another way to deal with the Assign option by moving it to a workflow action where you can give it any name you like. 

Unfortunately I do not know of a similar trick for the More button.

Phill

0 votes
Assia Alexandrova January 11, 2016

I accomplished this both by commenting out buttons in system-issueoperations-plugin.xml  and by changing the default text in JiraWebActionSupport.properties 

Thanks, all!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events