How can I change default assignee user? (or change same write user)

tj park April 4, 2016

I want change default assignee when create issue (not project manager(default) or not assigned)

I think a good way, a createor and to allocation through the same person

Is there any way?

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user April 5, 2016

If I read this correctly, you want to assign the issue to the creator (aka reporter)...

If this is true it's pretty easy... add a post function to the 'create' transition and select the "assign to reporter" option. 

This may require that you have installed the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugin, (can't remember) but it's free (for the Cloud) and easy to use... see here;

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions/cloud/overview

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Another option is component leads. You can auto assign Issues to them.
You also able to have a lookup table to auto assign issues, based on different criteria thanks to Lookup Manager plugin. I have a Persian blog post on how you can use it also. If you have any question, ask it here.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

If you always wish to assign to the same person you can add a post-function on the create transition in the workflow to allocate the issue to whoever you wish.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events