How can I bulk grant users to a role within a project

Dawn Cooper July 14, 2020

i am a System Admin and have a large number of users I need to add to a role that i then use for a workflow condition. I need the project admin to have the ability to manage the users in the role and do not want to use the user groups. 

3 answers

0 votes
Dawn Cooper July 17, 2020

I know I can bulk add to a user group and then add the group to the project role, but then that leaves me with the task of maintaining those users. I want to leave that with the project admin. I do not want a project admin to have the ability to add to a group.

0 votes
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Agreed with the above, for the bulk add, a script would probably be best. Script Runner, Power scripts, jiraCLI or even just working with the API directly.

Once the users are added, a project admin can add/remove users to the roles within thier project, so that part is covered,

0 votes
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2020

I think it could be achieved with script. Do you have script runner app installed?

Dawn Cooper July 17, 2020

I do, I have looking into that one. thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events