How can I bulk close issues?

Alejandro Illes November 10, 2015

I have a JIRA project with a bunch of issues to be closed and I would like to close all at ones but I don't see any option for that.

Also I found that I can do that with some Tool option but I don´t have it. I have grant permissions but I can´t find that option to add.  

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2015

@Alejandro Illes - You need to make sure that in System -> Security -> Global Permissions under Bulk Change that you are in the role or group to have that permission.

5 votes
Pratik Patel October 3, 2016

Hi Alejandro,

Please follow below steps:

1) Search all the issues/stories you want to close (Using JQL)

image2016-10-4 14:26:32.png

2) Click on 'Tools' option 

image2016-10-4 14:27:57.png

3) Select all issues and click on next

image2016-10-4 14:29:12.png

4) Choose Transition issues and go to next

image2016-10-4 14:30:12.png

5) Below page appear for confirmation

image2016-10-4 14:31:53.png

And your multiple issues can be closed.

1 vote
Alejandro Illes November 12, 2015

I did! But I don´t have that option

image2015-11-12 16:19:39.png

1 vote
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

This is the specific section on permissions from the article Paula referenced.

In order to execute a bulk operation, you will need to be granted the appropriate project-specific permission and the global Bulk Change permission by your JIRA administrator. For example, you would need to be granted both the Move Issue and Bulk Change permissions in order to execute theBulk Move operation.

The project-specific permissions are still respected for the collection of issues selected for the bulk operation.

1 vote
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2015

Hi Alejandro,

You can do a bulk transition. Please refer to Modifying Multiple (Bulk) Issues for further information.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

0 votes
Chander Krish November 11, 2015

Alejandro - You can search for issues and then click Tools from right top corner and select bulk issues. Select "Transition Issues" from the next screen. The followup screen would allow changing the state of issues from one to another.

Consider filtering issues by by a specific issue type before transition, as different issue types could have different states in transition and could complicate the transition.

0 votes
Alejandro Illes November 11, 2015

Hi all!

The thing is that I'm the administrator so I have grant permissions but I don't see any bulk item to select on the permission items from the scheme.

David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2016

That sounds like you want to add your administrator account (or admin group) to the Administrators role of the project. As James wrote, you probably have global Admin but lack permission to transition the issues from that target project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events