How can I block a worklog time if the original estimate field is empty?

climba April 13, 2016

I would like the system locked the worklog hours in user task if the original field was empty estimated. How can I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2016

hi,

if you are using time tracking field on one of your screens that is used by a workflow transition, you can use validator > fields required > original estimate. then you would be able to make it required to work log.

climba April 14, 2016

I've put in all transitions from the "original estimated" as required.
But the staff are doing so: they are "work log" before start progress. They access the task of the screen, click on the "More> Log Work" and there's to log hours without giving start progress. I wanted then block it, only this log to work after completing the original estimated field.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2016

so you want to block work log on a certain status. you can use workflow properties then. try jira.permission.work.denied for property key and empty for property value.

climba April 14, 2016

How do I do what you are talking about? I did not find anywhere in this setting: jira.permission.work.denied

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2016

do you know how to edit workflor? check this screenshot:

Selection_001.png

add a workflow property here.

Deleted user June 2, 2020

Suggest an answer