How can I automatically notify Jira users when a new version has been released?

Tobias Rapp November 16, 2015

During development I usually resolve JIRA issues and set the "fixed for" attribute to the relevant version. Now when making the release by marking the version as "released" in JIRA and uploading the binary to our (internal) fileserver I want the users (software testers) to be notified that a new version is ready for stress-testing.

Is there a way to automatically notify users when a new version has been set to "released"? For example it would be nice to have a RSS feed for released version that includes the changelog text.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Arthur Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2015

Hey Tobias,

You can try the suggestion listed on this post at Atlassian Answers. Please note that we have a feature request opened for it (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-46619) and I suggest you to vote and add any comments there, so our developers would have plain visibility of your needing on this feature. smile

-- Arthur Gonçalves

Tobias Rapp November 16, 2015

OK, but that means writing an own Jira plugin in Java. I did that some time ago but it was a rather bumpy road to travel: guessing how classes are initialized and link together, changes between Jira versions, getting Netbeans+Atlassian-custom-Maven running, etc. Will rather wait for JRA-46619 until it hurts too much (or I can find an external plugin) ...

Ben Houston March 14, 2017

Any luck with finding a 3rd party plugin?  We have the same exact need as you.  Unfortunately, JRA-46619 is still an open issue.  

Suggest an answer