How can I assign a second general admin to my jira account?

swantje.kahl December 15, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

HI Swantje,

Assuming you have JIRA Cloud + Confluence, with default groups, set up the user account via User Management and:

• Put them in the jira-administrators group if you want them to have access to JIRA administration menus/options.
  • Put them in them in the administrators group if you want them to have access to JIRA + Confluence administration menus/options.
  • Put them in the site-admins group if you want them to have access to JIRA + Confluence administration menus/options and also the Site administration menus (which includes managing users and bills).

There is information about the administrators and site-admins groups in Cloud here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/manage-groups-744721627.html

It could be different if you have customised your groups, but I hope this helps.

Sam

swantje.kahl December 15, 2016

Thanks a lot, Sam!

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

No problem. Glad to help.

If my answer was useful, please consider marking it as accepted. That will help me and others.

Suggest an answer