How can I allow all users to see list of workflows?

Jira-Admins March 15, 2016

I am one of the sys admins for a JIRA server instance with thousands of users. We regularly get workflow change requests. Is there any way to allow all users to just view all available workflows? Right now I am sending screenshots.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

You could consider creating a document containing the workflows. This would also be a good reference for yourself and future admins. Also, I have a JIRA project to request changes to JIRA, including workflow changes. Since I only have one workflow per issue type everyone needs to agree. That cuts down on little tweaks that one person may want that really doesn't add much value. 

Jira-Admins March 15, 2016

That's what I thought. Unfortunately, prior admins did not document all the workflows and now we have over a hundred, so it's a bit easier said than done at this point :/

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

No, not really.  The workflow list is limited to admins.

But they can see the workflow associated with an issue if they have the "view workflow" permission.  A lot of us also document workflows in Confluence so we can link instead of sending screenshots.

Suggest an answer