How can I allow a user or a group to transition an issue regardless of assignee?

Jared Tiny December 29, 2015

In a new Project I've created, if a user is not the assignee, they can not transition the issue through the workflow. The workflow I have set up has no conditions that should prevent this.

This happens regardless of permissions (User, Developer, Project Lead, etc)

How can I allow a user or a group to transition an issue regardless of assignee?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2015

This sounds like you have either an issue with

1. the permission scheme in particular the transition permission
  2. or a condition on the workflow for the transition.

You should check both of these to see where your restriction is in place.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2015

As well as Phil's point, make sure the user has "transition issue" permission in the scheme (it's a general permission that protects all transitions without appearing in the workflow.  It stops "anonymous" users from being able to use transitions!)

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2015

You could add a condition on user group: edit workflow => coditions => add conditon => user in group. More information you can see here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/jira-administrator-s-guide-100303111.html

Suggest an answer