How can I add a watcher on the new view?

Divya Krishnan August 19, 2019

How can I add a watcher on the new view?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

Hello @Divya Krishnan

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can add other users as watchers in the new issue view by performing the steps below:

- Click on the watcher icon 

- Click on + Add Watchers

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 12.39.03.png

Just make sure you have the following permissions to add other users:

1 - Manage Watchers Permission

- Logged as the project admin, navigate to your project > Project Settings > Permissions > Permission Helper

- Make sure your user is added to the Manage Watchers Permission

2 - Browse Users permission

- Logged as a site-Administrator, navigate to JIRA Settings > System > Global Permissions and check if your user is added to the Browse Users permission

Let me know if this information helps.

Divya Krishnan August 20, 2019

Gotcha, thanks Petter! Imissed the icon.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2019

You are welcome, Divya!

Have a nice day. :)

0 votes
Deleted user August 20, 2019

Hi @Divya Krishnan - The 'Add Watcher' feature that existed in the old view is not present in the new view. Here are a couple of Community threads where members from the Atlassian team have commented on this topic -

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Where-has-Add-Watchers-gone-in-the-new-JIRA-view/qaq-p/774776

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/New-issue-view-how-to-add-watcher/qaq-p/889260

I was trying to look for the open Atlassian ticket, tracking this request, but couldn't find one. 

Thanks

Kalyani

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
August 20, 2019

Hello Kalyani,

Actually, the ability to add other watchers in the New Jira UI was implemented in February of this year:

Allow to add other users as Watchers and see the Watcher List in the New Issue View

If you are also looking for this feature, please refer to the steps described below to use it.

Deleted user August 20, 2019

Great to know. Thanks for your help here @Petter Gonçalves !!

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Divya Krishnan August 20, 2019

Thanks for helping, Kalyani.

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer