How can I add a default assignee other than Project lead or Unassigned?

Sonia Rajput May 4, 2016

I need to add a user as a default assignee other than the Project Lead or Unassigned. For that I tried to add a post-function in the workflow with the field "Assignee" set to the "username". But it didn't work. Can anyone please provide any further suggestion how to do this.

Thanks

Sonia

4 answers

0 votes
Sonia Rajput May 8, 2016

20160509_112530.jpg

0 votes
Sonia Rajput May 8, 2016

Hi Chris,

Here is the screenshot of the post functions added to the create transition.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2016

Your screenshot is empty when I click on it.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

Thanks. Could you confirm that your user has the Assignable User permission in the permission scheme for the relevant project.

Also, have you tried to manually assign the issue to this user in the Issue Detail View / Edit screen?

Sonia Rajput May 10, 2016

Yes, our user has the Assignable User permission in the permission scheme for the relevant project.

Also assigning the issues to him worked fine.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2016

When you used the workflow post-function, did the user who was running the workflow have the Assign User permission?

Sonia Rajput May 11, 2016

Sorry but I didn't get your point. Because if the user has Assignable User permission in the permission scheme for the relevant project then whenever an issue is created in the project then the issue should be assigned to the user as per the defined post function in the workflow.

So is there anything else that has to be taken care of.

cheers

Sonia

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2016

There are two relevant permissions. Assign Users and Assignable User.

The person that executes the transition which contains the post function will need to have the Assign Users permission. And they can only choose users that have the Assignable User permission.

Just make sure that the person executing the transition can also assign users.

Sonia Rajput May 11, 2016

I checked the permissions and the user has both the Assign Users and Assignable User permissions.

0 votes
Sonia Rajput May 5, 2016

I have changed the order of the post functions but even that didn't work. For the components , I really don't want to  do that way because I have no components in the Project.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2016

Can you post a screenshot of your postfunctions list on the Create transition?

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2016

Are you using components? If not you could create a component and assign a component lead. Then use a post-function to set the default component when you create the issue.

I am surprised the setting the assignee in the postfunction did not work. Are you sure there was no other postfunction that was overwriting your assignment? You may have to change the order of the postfunctions and move your postfunction down the list.

BarthélémyH May 11, 2016

How would you use a post-function to set the default component when creating the issue ? I don't see such a post-function option.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2016

Do you see a post-function to Update Field / Set Field Value?

BarthélémyH May 12, 2016

Yes ("Update issue field"), but there is no option to update the field Components.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events