How can I add a comment by using Jira API to closed issue?

george November 4, 2015

I’m able to add a comment by using JIRA API to not closed issue but I need to add a comment to closed issue, and I’m getting “bad” request error.

3 answers

0 votes
george November 14, 2015

Thanks Nic for your comment.

0 votes
george November 5, 2015

HI Steven,

Thanks for reply.

I got more questions for you.

• Could you provide an example how it can be done programmatically by using c# and JIRA Rest API?
  • Does account needs to have an administrator credentials to work with Workflow?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2015

1. It's the same code you use to post comments on non-closed issues 2. You need an admin account to alter the workflow to allow comments on closed issues (or create a new workflow to use instead)

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2015

If you are using the Default JIRA workflow, it has a property that prevents editing while you are in a Closed status. You must copy the Workflow, associate it with your project, and ensure that you can edit Closed issues by removing that property.

Suggest an answer