How can I access JIRA database to fetch data which is on cloud?

Ankita Sinha September 13, 2016

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2016

You do not.  You won't get any access to the Cloud databases.

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2016

You do have access to the Atlassian Cloud REST API's however. You can use them to fetch data from your Cloud instance: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

Assia Touati April 3, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  why we don't have access to the cloud database ?? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2020

Because the database is a disaster, in terms of reporting.  And as a Cloud service, it's not something anyone in their right mind wants access to (mainly because it's not usefully reportable.)

I'll defer back to my usual example.  The question "Show me issue X" - simple, understandable, and in SQL, is 57 joins.  57. joins.  57.  No.

Use the API and stop even thinking about the database.  Just stop.  It's not our problem, and when we start to think "SQL", we've fucked up and need to stop.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2016

Suggest an answer