How Do I use an Older version of Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA

My company is not willing to pay the fee for this add-on.  However I have dozens of projects using it.  How do I use an older free version of the plugin?  

2 answers

Andre,

You can continue to use ScriptRunner for JIRA for free up to and including version 3.1.4. You simply need to download the specific version you need from the Atlassian Marketplace and then upload it to your instance of JIRA.

However, we cannot guarantee that the older versions (i.e prior to version 3.1.4) will continue to remain compatible with future versions of JIRA.

2 votes

Go to the marketplace and look for the script runner, using a browser.  Look for the "version history" tab.  Select the one you want (I'd recommend the latest one that is valid for your JIRA before 4.01 was released) and download it. 

Log into JIRA, go to the UPM and look for the "upload addon" option, and feed that the downloaded file.

And what Mark said too.

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Oct 06, 2015

Actually, you can also right click on the link, copy it, and paste it into the URL field too. Then you don't have to worry about downloading it (found this out the other day).

I keep forgetting about that. But I'm working with JIRA systems as far back as 3, and that wasn't in the older ones.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 4 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

26 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot