How/Can you combine two filter results in one gadget?

Shadiah Lahham January 4, 2016

I have two Filter Result Gadgets that I need to check multiple times a day. Is it possible to have one Filter Results Gadget that displays two or more filters? This way I would be looking at one gadget window but technically checking both filters/queues. 

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2016

If having two independent filters is useful for anything else -as if you wished to retain the possibility of displaying them in distinct gadgets- then I would suggest just to query both filters as follows (ie):

filter IN (19500, 19501)

Where the values provided are comma-separated and refer to the filter number you can see in the URL shown when you click on each filter, right after "filter=".

This approach allows to add as many filters as you need, as well as to easily maintain your filters, as changes on a referenced filter will automatically be reflected on any other filters with a reference to that filter.

Shadiah Lahham January 5, 2016

@Ignacio Pulgar Thank you! I searched "filter IN (16500, 17309)" and created a new filter using that search. Enhances my workflow greatly!

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

You're welcome! :)

Grant Marzette July 13, 2018

So I'm trying to figure out how to display issues that were WNF vs. By Design, but can't find how to properly display both filters against each other on the dashboard. Any suggestions?

2 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2016

Can you just update the filter being used by the gadget so that it will display the results that you need? What filter do you have? E.g. You can use the "IN" operator for multiple projects Project in (ABC,DEF).

Alternatively, take a look at "Favorite Filters" gadget, maybe that can help you out.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2016

Your only option for Cloud is three filters - filter 1, filter 2 and then filter 3 includes both 1 and 2 (join with an "or" is the easiest choice) If you were not on Cloud, there's an add-on which provides a function "is in filter (x)", but you'd still need to use the "or" in filter 3

Suggest an answer