How Can a bug be hidden for Offshore Usergroup

JIRA_USER August 1, 2016

Hi,

I am very new to JIRA. Currently, I am using 6.4 JIRA version.

I have a request. I have two usrgroup; 1st Onshore and 2nd Offshore. My Bug create screen as well as View/Edit screen has a Field (example: ENVIRONMENT) with dropdown values Test and Prod. Now if a Onshore user, Project Role QA created a bug with Environment = Prod that bug should not be visible to Offshore usergroup, project Role QA and Developer. How would I restrict Offhore User, Project Role QA and Developer viewing or accessing those kind of bugs?

My Offshore QA and Developers are placed in OFFSDLC_QA, and OFFSDLC_DEV group where as Onshore QA and Developers are in ONSDLC_QA, and ONSDLC_DEV.

Also if a bug has ENVIRONMENT = Prod, that defect should not be able to assign to Offshore users.

Please advice.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
JIRA_USER August 2, 2016

Unfortunatly, my ENVIRONMENT field is a custom field.

You mentioned "unless you use some plugins", May I please know what is the name of the plugin?

Issue Level Security: This will only ENABLE the specific user/groups or fields to view issues for the projects instead of hidding bugs. And also when I select "Group Custom Field Value" I got the field name but there is no option to select the value of that field.

Any help would be appricated. Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2016

You can use issue security levels to hide/show issues to selected groups. It wouldn't be based on the custom field though, unless you use some plugins to set the security level based on the selected custom field value.

Using the security level for environment or setting it manually while selecting the other custom field will be the easy option.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-issue-level-security-802592414.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events