Hiding Fix Version field on Sub-Tasks causes Sub-Tasks to not appear in Live Plans [labs]

Kalvin Krueger May 25, 2016

Hello,

I cannot seem to get Sub-tasks to appear on my Live Plans.  I confirm that my Hierarchy levels are set to default: image2016-5-25 13:22:0.png

I can create a new sub-task from the live board under a story, and it successfully creates the issue, but on refresh the sub-task does not appear on the board.

Update:

I have found out why the Sub-Tasks are not appearing.  We have made a field configuration change to hide 'Fix Version' on our Sub-Tasks because we want to control that at the Story and above level. Having this field hidden is causing the Sub-Tasks to not appear on the Live Plan.  I can confirm that showing that field causes the items to start appearing on the Live Plans.  Can someone explain this behavior?

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2016

On each Live Plan, you add issues to the Plan by defining a Scope: A scope in this case is a Project, a Filter, or a Software Board.

It sounds like you don't have Sub-Tasks within that defined scope – 

1. Click on the more menu buttonimage2016-5-26 17:51:52.png which is present near the title of the plan
  2. Click the Configure option
  3. On the left of the Configure page there is a vertical navigation – Click on Issue Sources
  4. Verify that Sub-Tasks are avaliable in those listed sources

Kalvin Krueger May 27, 2016

I see that Sub-Tasks are not showing up on the Issue Sources screen, so this led me to digging to explain why.  We have made a Field Configuration change to hide Fix Version from our Sub-tasks.  This is because we want to control release Fix Version explicitly through the Story Level and higher.  It appears that hiding the Fix Version field causes Sub-Tasks to no longer appear in the Live Plan.  I can confirm that if I show the Fix Version field on Sub-Tasks they do start appearing on the Live Plan.  Can anyone explain why this behavior is happening?

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2016

I'll try to reproduce myself when I have time, but I'm operating in a different timezone than I usually do so it's now night here. smile

Thank you for additional details.

Suggest an answer