Hide "Reports" menu from JIRA Project Dashboard

Abaxis Software Group January 6, 2017

Hello,

I am using cloud solution of JIRA Core and I would like to remove the "Report" menu from the project dashboard. How do I do that? 

Thanks

Nalini

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

You don't.  Turning off reporting features in Core is not something you can do in Cloud.

Abaxis Software Group January 8, 2017

Then, if I self host JIRA on a JIRA server on-premise, will I be able to do it?

Like Aamir likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2017

Yes, although I don't think you want to.  Removing reports that users may find useful is a bit of a downgrade.

Bruno Tiago February 10, 2017

Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], can you help with this one?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/53061922

0 votes
Aydin Okuyucu August 25, 2017

Hi,

i want to use Jira Core on-premise in a goverment organisation.

One condition is, that there is NO possiblity to have a dashboard or a reporting.

Is this possible and if so can i set this ON PREMISE?

Thanks for answers

Aydin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2017

Well, you can turn off the modules, but you aren't going to get far without code. 

"No dashboard or reporting" though is a terribly broken requirement.  The whole point of a tracker is to track things, which means you want to report on them.  Just removing the reporting links won't stop the users getting to the reports, and even if you then cripple the reporting, there's nothing to stop a user wasting time digging through the data and working it out for themselves.

Aydin Okuyucu August 27, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thank you very much for the answer.

I know all the disadvantages of this what your are writing about. Unfortunatelly, in Germany it is not allowed to track any information about the user/employees if you work in an goverment environment.

The point is, if i cant "disable" this functions, i have no chance to use JIRA for my department.

Have you any idea, where i can find these "CODE" to fulfill the conditions?

Thanks again and have a nice start in the week.

Kind regards.

Aydin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2017

No, that's nonsense. 

The reports are summarising or displaying data that is available in JIRA.  The data is there and you can get to it via other methods than reporting.  So turning off the reporting is not in the slightest bit of use when you are looking at privacy and user tracking.

Germany is JIRA's second largest market, so there are plenty of people using it within the German rules (I'm aware of the rules, I've worked with JIRA with several German companies, and the government)

Aydin Okuyucu August 28, 2017

Hello Nic,
I think there is a misunderstanding.

I would like to introduce JIRA to the institute and I know Jira too. The problem is when an employee or boss presses the button and detects that a job has not done over a long period, then the JIRA does not come into the house. Very easily.

Question, can I turn off this button?

If so, how?
If not, then JIRA is out of the question - quite simply

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2017

Again, the reporting is irrelevant.  Your employee or boss can look at the data and see that a job is not done.

Turning off reporting does precisely nothing to stop them seeing that.You can turn off the modules that provide reports if you want.  But it's pointless because the data is visible in plenty of other ways.

Aydin Okuyucu August 28, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks. I got the point.

I will try it on that way.

Kind regards.

Aydin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events