Hide graphically a workflow transition to user but keep it available for plugin

William JUTEAU November 17, 2015

Hello

In a Change Management workflow, we internally developed a plugin that displays a new Action in the Actions button, called Qualify. It brings the user to a screen which allow user to select CMDB items.

Going out of this screen plays automatically a transition, as the current user, to change the status of the ticket from "In Progress" to "Pending Change Manager".

My requirement is to avoid the user to play manually the transition (it must be, but to keep it in order my plugin to change the status of the ticket.

Consequently, I need to hide this workflow button graphically, but keep it available for my plugin.

I made a lot of research : triggers doesn't apply to me, permissions trick is too restrictive as JIRA username used is the same on both automatic or manual cases...

I have 2 ideas in mind : a propertyKey , or a trick with script in announcement banner (quite dirty...)

Thanks for your support

2 answers

1 vote
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2015

If you're using the JIRA suite utilities plugin you can add a "Hide transition" condition to the transition. The button will disappear for the user but it can still be triggered from another workflow function / plugin. Hope that helps

0 votes
William JUTEAU November 17, 2015

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your quick answer. I should have said that I'm in JIRA 5.2.11 with JSU version 1.3.5. Too bad...

JIRA Misc can do it, as described in documentation but exepensive for only this feature.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events