Hide field in specyfic project

Zawistowski Grzegorz October 21, 2015

If I have same of filds how could I hide a field from specyfic project ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2015

I'm afraid this sounds quite complicated.  JIRA is this way for historical reasons, but it does give us quite a lot of flexibility too.  Atlassian want to simplify it as much as we do, but I don't know how far through they are.

Anyway.  You have a list of fields.  There are three things to look at:

1. Field Context - this only applies to custom fields.  In this list you can set a "context" - a global context means "field appears in all projects", but you can say "only show field in Projects / Issue types X"
  2. Screens - for the users to use a field, it must appear on the screens you have defined for the project
  3. Field configuration - this lets you set assorted flags for fields - renderers, mandatory/optional, and whether a field is hidden

To "hide" a field from a project, pick one way of doing it from the list above.  In case 1, change the context of the field.  In cases 2, you need a new "issue type screen scheme" that defines different screens for the project.  In case 3, you need a new "field configuration"

The third option is probably the easiest!

1.So I can't Nic do this with Summary field and Version, and prioryty? I can't do this with JIRA Fields? 2.How tu turn On on screens Edit/View Details fields: -Type -Status -Priority -Resolution -Affects Version/s -Fix Version/s -Component/s -Labels 3. But in this situation I hide tchem Nic globaly ? Not only in this specyfic project ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2015

Ok, all of those fields, except "labels", are system fields. * They're built into JIRA. * You can NOT change the "context" of them - they always exist for all issues, even if they're not used. * You CAN remove them from screens, so people can't edit or add them, but they will still display on the issue view if they have data * You CAN hide them in field configurations But. You can't work without * Type - you need an issue type for JIRA to work with - all the config hangs off that * Status - without status, there is no workflow * Summary - completely mandatory, you must ALWAYS have a summary on an issue * Resolution - technically, you could dump this, but don't, because JIRA relies on it for reporting open vs closed. By all means hide it, but always set it in the workflow.

Great answer NIC :) Thank You ! :)

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

You can create and set individual field configuration for each project and even apply these to specific issue types.

More info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/configuring-fields-and-screens-187859099.html

Suggest an answer