Hide a custom field for particular issue status

Krithica August 4, 2017

Hi,

I need to hide a custom field from the issue view page if issue status is "Open".

The field is having default value and later it will get automatically updated during workflow. So i expect it not to appear in the issue view during open status.

I have a field counter which by default is 1 and by workflow it adds up to 1 when each time a transition is performed. So i cannot remove the default value for it.

If the issue is in OPEN status i want this field counter to be invisible.

Please suggest solutions.

Thanks,

Krithica

2 answers

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2017

An alternative approach is to use the behaviours of ScriptRunner for JIRA to hide/show the field as required. More documentation is available at https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html

As suggested by Christoph you could start the count on your custom field when you make the transition to the appropriate status if the value is undefined at that point.  In certain circumstances this would mean your custom field would not be shown when it is undefined.

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

Hey what are you using to increment the counter? Isn't it possible to include something like if (counter == "") counter = 1; in the script?

I am not aware of any possibilities in JIRA standard to hide a custom field only in a certain status. One thing you could do is exclude it from the view screen and use a global transition or Blitz action button (add-on for JIRA server) to display the value each time the button is clicked. If you use a global transition I am afraid the field will be editable...

Cheers

Christoph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events